Tonight I am going to bring back an old series. Here is post number eleven in my Flora and Fauna series. The last time I made a post in this series was in 2015 with Flora and Fauna X – Jena.
On Monday I released some ladybugs into my rose garden. See: Time for Ladybugs
This morning I took some pictures of the ladybugs on the roses bushes.
Unfortunately, I have a lot of mildew on my Tropicana rose bush. However, this is fairly common for some old hybrid tea roses.
Here a ladybug is on a very dirty leaf. There seems to be debris all over it. Some of it is bits of blossoms left from the trees that are in the front yard, but I am not sure what the little black specks are. I am actually going to have to be a bit careful doing any pruning over the next couple weeks as I watch out for ladybug eggs. I have see a few ladybug larvae on the rose bushes so I know I at least had some ladybugs around before releasing the ones on Monday.
Tonight I released the rest of the ladybugs that I had bought. It looks like the first group has established itself pretty good and has been hard at work. I can already see a difference in the number of aphids in some areas.