Today I finally got around to getting a much needed limb trimmed on one of my back yard trees.
You can see here that one of the limbs veers off to the left in this picture. The big problem is that it then sends a few branches off over the backyard of the neighbors. I really should have trimmed it a couple years ago.
I have been calculating how to bring down the limbs for quite some time now. Sometimes I would just stand there and try to figure out whether I can cut them so that they don’t hit the structure in the neighbor’s backyard.
However, the first cut was pretty satisfying. My calculations were all good and the branch came swinging down missing the structure with plenty of room.
The rest of the branches I need to cut will all have more clearance so they will be a bit easier.
I used a few muscles that don’t get used much today. I am sure I will be a bit sore tomorrow.