This weekend is a time when we think about our Presidents. However, by law there is technically only one President that is honored on President’s Day. Also, the day is officially still known as Washington’s Birthday in most of the country.
Click on President’s, Presidents’ or Presidents to see what I wrote about a few years ago concerning what the day is known as. Here is a collage of images from the life of George Washington.
Lincoln’s Birthday was observed last Monday so I am OK with this weekend being called President’s Day Weekend and it occurs between the two observances.
One of my future reading challenges may be to read a biography of each of the Presidents. I have been thinking about the parameters of the challenge. Here are some of the possible parameters:
- Read in order of when they served
- Pulitzer for Biography winner if possible
- One that I haven’t read before
- Scholarly and not Popular if possible
- Balanced and not skewed to left or right (especially for last 50 years)
Take some time this weekend to remember our Presidents.