Home Pride Update XLV – Home to Home Pride

I flew home from Mexico City this afternoon and on the way home from the airport I stopped at the grocery store.

I quickly went to the bread aisle looking for Home Pride Bread.

I searched high and low trying to find my bread. I knew that it was supposed to be there, and I couldn’t even find a shelf tag for it.

I was really disappointed until I turned around and saw ——

Home Pride Bread - Home Pride Bread is Back - Flowers Foods - Butter Top Wheat

I should have known that they might be using a temporary display. The same thing happened when Nature’s Own started appearing in the store.

In fact this same Sara Lee display was used for Nature’s Own, but in a different location.

I grabbed two loaves since they were on sale and quickly bought milk and other staples that I needed. I  then headed home to try out Home Pride Bread and see if it was the same.

Home Pride Wheat Bread - Butter Top Wheat - Return of Home Pride - Flowers Foods - Bread in package

I opened the package and was glad to see that the bread had the same texture, color and smell as before.

Home Pride Wheat Bread - Flowers Foods - Hostess - Sandwich Bread - Two slices of bread

Two slices of bread were quickly put on a plate.

Homemade Apricot Preserves - Preserves - Apricots - Mason Jar - Home Canning - Home Pride Bread

I then grabbed a jar of homemade Apricot preserves and my peanut butter.

Jiff Peanut Butter - Homeade Apricot Preserves - PBJ - Home Pride Wheat - Flowers Foods

The two pieces of bread received their respective spread and came together for a wonderful PBJ.

PBJ with Home Pride Wheat Bread - Peanut Butter - Apricot Preserves - Sandwich - Flowers Foods - Return of Home Pride

The best peanut butter sandwich I have had in a long time. I am so glad that Home Pride Bread is back on the shelves, or at least the temporary displays 🙂

Of course, I have also eaten a slice of the bread straight up without anything on it. I like to just pull of the crust and eat it separately and then ball up small pieces of the inside and eat them.

I may have to have another piece with butter before I go to bed.

I am already looking forward to my toast tomorrow morning.

This entry was posted in Bread, Food, Memories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Home Pride Update XLV – Home to Home Pride

1. Michael Gerstley says:

Ok Steven. What store and where. I am in San Jose and I haven’t had any luck. Please help. I will travel to get my bread.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

2. LFFL says:

We love what we love!

3. I’m happy to hear of your perfect PB & J. Now is a time to indulge in bread goodness.

4. Melissa says:

Still nothing in NY. Arghhhhh!!!

5. Lyle Krahn says:

There’s another reason to get up in the morning.

6. Glenda McDougal says:

Yummy!! What a homecoming …

7. iluvmingos says:

I finally found it in the Fairfield Target and immediately rushed home to make a grilled cheese sandwich. It tastes exactly as I remember it.

8. Thank you for your blog! I’ve been following all along for the past year waiting for this day!

9. Pingback: Home Pride Update XLVI – Back on the Shelves | Braman's Wanderings

10. lucinda mcafee says:

My family has eaten home pride for about 30 years and disappointed about it not being available. Excited when it returned to the shelves. I was not sure if it was me that was disappointed because of the expectations, but it did not seem the same. It seems more drier and courser, the taste seemed off. But it was not until my husband said unless I wanted it he wasn’t to impressed and could stay with the brand we had been using. I bought another loaf maybe, if not 😦

• vanbraman says:

Most of the feedback that I have received is that it is the same as it was before. The bakery that is making the bread in your area may not have the recipe quite right yet.

Or, maybe you have found a really good bread that is more to your taste 🙂 and now Home Pride pales in comparison.

I was a bit afraid that Home Pride would not live up to my expectations when it returned, but it did.

11. bk says:

I know Home Pride is back, but I would like to suggest the new Nature’s Own Honey Oat to the bread enthusiasts. It is one of the best breads I’ve tried in recent years.

12. bk says:

It just became available this week in Safeway stores. It is in a green package and should be on display.

13. Ann says:

I’m thrilled for you, and relieved that the new Home Pride is as good as it was before. Sadly, I have yet to see it return to the Safeway (or any other store) here in northeast Oregon. I will keep checking, and maybe submit a “request form” to the manager. I can’t wait for it to return here….we even got the Twinkies and other snacks. Thank you for the update!

14. Pete Braun says:

Ever put banana slices on a PB&J sandwich? Mmm, I tell you, they take it to a level of deliciousness that few even imagine possible!