One of my tasks today was Taking Down A Limb on one of my backyard trees. I have known for some time that I would need to do this someday and should have done it long ago when the limb was not so big.
I did some quick mental measurements to see where I would need to cut the limb so it would not hit the fence when it came down. The first cut was way up in the tree, but luckily I have a nice pole saw. It was not an easy task as the limb was thick and the saw is not the best. My arms got a good workout.
The limb started coming down and missed the fence by just a bit, just as planned. It was still attached, but that was also part of the plan.
Once that first cut was made it was time for the second one. I knew that with this cut the limb would then only drop enough so that the first limb reached the ground. I could then clean up all the smaller branches with it supported in the air.
The rest of the pieces are in a pile in the back yard and will most likely be a project for Saturday. I have to get them all in my yard waste container.
The tree definitely looks a bit better now and I don’t have to worry about it growing too far over the neighbors back yard any more.
I was glad that I finished the job in the morning as it ended up being over 100 degrees by mid-afternoon.